Subject: [Leica] Load that thang
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:42:33 +0000

>>>And, for all of you who think that reloading an M6 is a pain in the
arse,
try reloading a '32 Leica II, including trimming the leader with a small

pocket knife, at 2 AM on the top of a parking building in the breeze.
It
is, shall we say, a "challenging" experience<<<

Martin,
Ha! I've been telling my friends that reloading my IIIf takes "a
tabletop to spread things out on, five minutes, and undivided
attention." An exaggeration for effect, of course, but you know what I'm
talking about.

I've added another basic parameter to my list of desirable camera
features: easy loading. Or at least not hair-shirt, perversely difficult

It really does spoil an otherwise quite delightful camera design. I'd
love to see what a modern camera designer could do in terms of a
thoughtful, premium update of the basic screwmount Leica design. Picture
a Leica III with a swing-open back and about the functionality of a CLE.
Wouldn't that be nice?

- --Mike