Subject: Re: [Leica] rangefinder image
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:56:20 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> on 21/1/00 3:25 pm, Andrew M. Moore at moore@rscs.net wrote:
>

> >> My M6 rangefinder was also, out of alignment.  When I took it
> >> to Leica NJ, they told me that they went in through the lens
> >> mount hole to get at the  adjustment mechanism.  It only took
> >> 5-10 minutes.
> >
> > I can't see anything in there worth adjusting, expect one tiny
> > screw that doesn't look like it would do the right thing, but
> > I'm not going to get too adventurous.  If you know of any other
> > details please post them.  I'd love to be able to do this one
> > myself.
> >

> Well I went digging into the archives and there it seems say that the M4-2
> (maybe M4-P) and up cameras need a special tool to make the adjustment. Does
> anyone have more specific details?
>
> John Collier

I use a regular small screwdriver but one with a right angle bend on the end of
the shaft or a 30 degree cut off on the tip might be a little better if yours is
always going out of adjustment and you want your screw head slot to stay lookin good.
I don't put my camera case down on the floor of my car or in the trunk without a
few blankets underneath or towels to absorb the excess vibration.
My new M6TTL has not gone out of alignment at all it is only my older non TTL
that I've had for 7 years that I have to check on every couple of months.
Mark Rabiner
Now I'm going to go have some fun with the wife!!!!This post has got me all
excited it's Friday night after all and the moon is......