Subject: Re: [Leica] rangefinder image
From: "Andrew M. Moore" <moore@rscs.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:45:26 -0500

> I use a regular small screwdriver but one with a right angle bend on
> the end of the shaft or a 30 degree cut off on the tip might be a

I looked closely at the adjustment screw, and I'm not sure that we're
all talking about the same type of rangefinder adjustment.  It sounds
like the screw you're referring to is the slotted screw closest to the
focusing cam, which looks like it might adjust the focus point (by
rotating the "off-axis" circular cam that encompasses the screw?)

I've been talking about an adjustment that cure the rangefinder
patch images from being misaligned vertically -- one of them appears
above the other -- that is, on a different horizontal plane -- so
even though my focus may be dead on, I can never see the two images
line up perfectly no matter where I focus.

Are we referring to the same adjustment?

- --Andrew