Subject: Re: [Leica] damnit!
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:03:31 +1100

That bit about Ted's underwear is starting to worry me slowly. Especcialy as you
all know, I am a chappy who is always ready to learn from others.

Now the other day in the middle of Melbourne City something strange happened to
me:
My intention was to take  some pictures of the face of our railway station. I
had my M4 and the 35mm summicron with me. Before taking the picture I looked at
the lens to see if there was any dust on it. there was none, but low and behold,
a great big finger print.
I had just run out of lens cleaning tissues. I checked my hanky. but what I saw
in it didn't instill much confidence in it. So I remembered Ted's underwear.
Great idea. (I think).
5 minutes later, I was taken to the local police station.  Now I really don't
know what I done wrong? Shouldn't I've asked a the lady standing next to me, to
hold my trousers for a moment, or maybe the man in blue thought my underwear was
not as clean as it should have been ,or  what. Maybe I'll find out in two weeks,
when the court case comes up.
Needles to say, I never had time to photograph the station.

Question: How did Ted manage to clean his gear without being arrested?

Regards, Horst Schmidt

NB. The above story wasn't quite true, but it could have been.