Subject: Re: [Leica] rangefinder image
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:24:35 -0200

This matter about vertical adjustment has been talked about in the LUG before.
For your reference, should you want to search the archives, here is a message
I've saved. I suggest that whoever tries to adjust the range finder should first
fit an eyepiece magnifier to the camera.

Amilcar

>Subject: How to adjust the rangefinder, was: Response from Leica
>Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:12:40 +0200
> From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

>Ferdinand,

>thank you for sharing the answer with us.
>In my experience Leica has always been as helpful as possible. My M6 has a
>slight vertical deviation and I wanted to remove the red logo sticker to adjust
>it, since the sticker was not very tied either.

>I called Leica to ask what glue to use, since I heard on this board about some
problems.
>Guess what: the next day I had two logo stickers in the mail (and the info
>about the new polfilter coming).

>When I tried to adjust the finder I called Leica again (I didn't ask the first
>time for advice) and they told me that adjusting the vertical alignment
>1) needs special tools to adjust an excenter
>2) changes the horizontal alignment

>So I will rather bring it to somebody who can adjust it.

>BTW: even the best cars need adjustment. It is different from a breakdown, >and
my M6 still works well, can be used (even with the Noctilux).