Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji building an M
From: "Pete Su" <psu@esgear.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:19:08 -0500

I would note here that modern loading systems and motorized bodies, like the
one in my Nikon 8008s don't curl the leader on a used roll of film because
the leader is held in a clip on the takeup spool instead of in a slot, so if
you do mid-roll rewind, the leader comes out perfectly flat, and reloads
easily.

I hear that on the Canon cameras, the loading and film advance is accurate
enough that you can mid-roll rewind, load the film in a different EOS camera
and not leave a 'safety frame' because everything will be in perfect
registration.

There have been some true advances in camera tech. in the last 40 years.
Film loading is one of them, IMHO.

Pete