Subject: [Leica] Price and value
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:40:24 +0000

>>>Photo magazines
must stick to their role of testing a lens optically and mechanically, I

don't want them to decide for me what is "prohibitively expensive".
That's a decision I want to reserve for myself.<<<

Pascal,
Good point. What's out of reach for one person may be inconsequential
for another.

I was reminded of this point recently when reading a review of a $12,000
pair of stereo speakers. The best thing the reviewer could find to say
about them at the very end was "actually they're a very good value." I
thought, well, that's not really for him to decide. <s>

- --Mike