Subject: [Leica] semi-commemoratives dangling
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:53:17 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> LUG folks should know that commemorative Leica's are a huge cash cow (all
> profit) for the company. Leica should be encouraged to do as many fancy
> commemorative editions as the rich and famous can inhale.
>
> Think about it. No new design, a little extra engraving, maybe some exotic
> metal plating, then a whopper of a price with lots and lots of profit built
> in.
>
><Snip>

I do not mind  the idea of these semi-commemoratives. These slightly more
expensive cameras that expect use.
That seems to be the case with this Black Lacquer thing coming out.
I could almost see myself wasting that kind of money.
Seems like a user. Not to overly pretentious. But not THIS particular user.
I'm just not a Platinum coated kind of guy, a Platinum  or Gold Rollei 35
dangling from my rear view mirror?????!!!!
Those dice are softer. Crystals are shinier!!!
Mark Rabiner