Subject: [Leica] Different Engavings on M4-P
From: Robb Williamson <Williamsonimages@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:46:21 -0500

Hi,

I have seen the engraving on the Leica M4-P's front done in two types or
'boldness' of text.  One is like the current M-6 engraving which I prefer
and the other is a thinner fine-line mark.  Two questions:

Does this difference also occur on the Canadian M4-2 or other German Leica
cameras?

Does anyone know the reason for the distinctly different text types and if
there are more produced of one type or another?  I have seen numerous
examples of both types in the Leica M books and on the web (ebay, etc.)

Looking forward to the info.

Robb Williamson
Colorado