Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant's Ravings
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:34:42 -0800

Ted I agree with most of what you say, but this is hardly an "either or"
world.   When Leica does make some sort of major M6 update, it's hard to believe
today's mechanical M6 would be discontinued.   Why not both cameras in the Leica
lineup ?

However something is broken, but it's not the camera -- it's the lack of black
ink in Solms.  Something has to change, or everyone on this list will eventually
become collectors of a discontinued camera.  Leica's losses can not continue
forever.   With the most serious rangefinder competition Leica has had in 40
years, how can Leica not introduce new models to counter the competition  and
hopefully help gain back profitability?

The "Ain't broke and needs no fixin'!" argument at Leica makes no sense to me
when the little boat is slowly sinking in a sea of red ink.   Something has to
be done, and it needs to work.

Stephen Gandy