Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux Result????
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:48:48 -0800

John Collier wrote:

>The nocti of 1966 to 1975 was f1.2 and is worth a small fortune in good
>condition. I am not sure how many "points" to deduct for the cow incident.
>The nocti f1.0 indeed was introduced in 1976. Perhaps if your give that lens
>a good cleaning and let us know!>>>>>>>

Hi John,

Well to you and all LUGNUTS. I stand corrected!!!!

I wrote:
>> I owned and was using a Noctilux f 1.0 in 1967 and have used the same
>>lens since! And with quite startlingly good results.>>>>>>

So here is the serial number and guess what?

          Noctilux 2750406  Made in Canada.

Due to Johns' question, we rummaged through old paper files and discovered
that in 1967 it was a 50mm Summilux 1.4 and the 50 Noctilux was indeed
purchased and used since 1975! My humble apologies for my long standing
thought I had used the Nocti since 1967.  :(

However, how about I've used it for 25 years ;) since 1975? :):) Which
means this trusty lens has been recording some very interesting images for
that length of time and will, I'm sure,  continue to do so for another 25
years. Well OK the lens will.

Me? I'll be 96 by then, so that seems a reasonable number of years to go.
Eisie made it to 96 and I figure on beating him by at least one year!;)

So there you go lads, I stand corrected and we'll chat for another 25 years! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant