Subject: Re: [Leica] Save Leica! (was: Ted Grant's Ravings)
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:19:29 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 2:07:23 PM, robslaurat@earthlink.net writes:

>Here's where I jump off the bandwagon.  I honestly don't care whether Leica
>Camera A.G. is in business next year or not.  If they go out of business
>tomorrow, there are (and will continue to be) tens of thousands of M2,
>M3,
>M4(-2/-P), M5, M6 bodies on the market or ready for market.  There are
>probably hundreds of thousands of lenses of all vintages and focal lengths .
. . >>>

Rob,

I can't support this view. If Leica had gone down the tank five years ago
there would be no 24mm ASPH. I'm sorry but that is simply unacceptable. I
say, keep Leica alive and well and bringing out new and better lenses. That
way I'll be able to afford a second-hand one down the road . . .

Bob (bottom feeders can't exist without top feeders) McEowen