Subject: [Leica] Trip to Paris
From: Laurent SAMINADAYAR <saminadayar@labs.polycnrs-gre.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:20:43 +0100

Go and se at http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/
You'll find all the hotel you want (eg : Hôtel de la Sorbonne 01 43 54 58
08 6 r Victor Cousin 75005). Prices are around 60US$ a night, difficult to
find cheaper. Look in the 5th arrondissement, there are nice hotels.

Also, my opinion is that todays anglo-saxon and european civilization are
quite identical. Of course, cities are quite different, but the "way of
life" is more or less the same. When I was at Washington for Christmas, we
went to a mall for shopping : and it was more or less exactly as "les
boutiques du Louvre".. Tim are changing... ;=)

PS : HCB lives "rue de Rivoli". If you go there, go to "Angelina", a
wonderfull "salon de thé"...

France has changed a lot over the last 25 years, and I'm sure French LUGgers
will forgive me when I say that I miss the charm of "old France" which has
largely disappeared. Being as I'm a crazy  Anglo-Saxon, they'll understand
that these things attract me, even if they are not exactly "comme il faut."
But for me there is something especially  nice about the traditional, small
French Hotel, with excellent food, paper-thin walls and antiquated plumbing.

I remember a long time ago travelling through France and staying in an
old-fashioned provincial Pension- those familar with French building will
know how thin the walls are in those establishments. Anyway, somewhere on
the premises was a couple who were preoccupied with celebrating their
passion, noisily, and regularly, throughout the night. The next morning at
breakfast presented a droll scene as all the guests checked each other out
over their coffee cups as they tried to work out who had kept them awake all
night!

                     /\_/\
                     (0 0)
   _____________ oOO--(_)--OOo_____________