Subject: RE: [Leica] was:Ted Grant's Ravings, Ted responds :)
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:41:12 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

<snip>
The bottom end is twofold:

One. We should accept the changing times of automation in our camera's
"M88?" and be prepared to accept that it's the tone of the times.

Two. Make an effort to pass on our experience with fine manual equipment,
so the auto-generation will appreciate what manual is, that it gives one
great satisfaction to do "something for ones self." Rather than a computer
chip blinking in the viewfinder...."press button now!"

Ted Grant
- -----

Ted,

Good response.  Let me add one thing.  I know some idiot is going to comment
with something to the effect that he/she doesn't want some Japanese
programmer to control the image for them, but prefers to do it
himself/herself using manual operations.  There is a switch on every new
camera that turns autofocus off allowing manual focus and also a switch that
allows complete manual control of both aperture and shutter speeds.
Hopefully passing on our experience will help newbies to see why they want
they options.

Peter K