Subject: [Leica] "Elmar design" lens on new Minox GTE?
From: "Joe B." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:21:46 +0000

In an ad I found a description of the Minox GTE as "Minox GTE, new design
with Elmar Design lens".

Can anyone clarify this in anyway- for example, has Leica intervened in
some way and given Minox a new lens design to use, and if so does this have
a different look to it than previously?

What confused me is that I thought the Minox 35s at least from the ML and
GT onwards had Tessar type lenses anyway and I don't see how this is so
different.

If the results of the "new" GTE are markedly better or now strikingly have
the "Leica look", I would be very interested. Any clarification appreciated.

Joe B.