Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and filters
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:15:37 EST

bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Not to start an endless and useless thread..;-)....But a UV filter on my
35
 Summilux ASPH would have proven quite useful last August when, after my
 auto accident, it ended up with battery acid on the front element... >>

B.D.,

Not to extend an endless and useless thread too far, but what was the
resolution to the damage? A new front element? A new lens? If it was a new
element, what was the cost to you?

I'm guessing that the near-imperceptible degradation from a filter is
insignificant in comparison to the financial degrading of one's checking
account for replacing the front element in a Leica lens.

Chris Lawson