Subject: RE: [Leica] Platinum & Gelatin Leica Prints (archival?)
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:44:53 -0800

What a gallery calls a "gelatin silver print" is just a plain old black &
white print. A platinum print is also a black & white print, using platinum
instead of silver in the emulsion. It does not necessarily mean the print
has been toned for protection, though anyone selling prints for big bucks
owes to the buyer to do so.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.