Subject: Re: [Leica] luna pro S,F,SBC + M3
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:22:36 +0000

Javier,

I offer this as honest advice and not as if I'm trying to be a smart-ass
<s>... but I did a similar thing to you a year or so ago when, after
returning to the Leica-M way of "thinking, looking and working" I sold an M6
soon after buying an M3. In the past year I haven't used the M3 with a meter
at all... most days (in the UK) seem to be OK at 1/125th at f/8 using HP5+
with a yellow filter. Indoors I simply open up and/or change speed by around
4 stops. Maybe PMK pyro is proving to be more of a "forgiving" developer
than I thought, but this way of working has taught me more about light and
exposure than years of relying on Nikons with built-in meters.

Mind you... I haven't got the courage to do this with Velvia in the camera!
8-0

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk