Subject: [Leica] Question
From: John <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:18:34 +0000

I suppose this question has been asked and answered before, but here goes anyway.
How accurate are the frame lines in the M cameras? I know when I shoot with my
90 mm tele-elmarit, I get more on the neg. then I saw through the viewfinder.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere, The Leica Manual, I think, that the
frame lines are 100% at the minimum focusing distance going down to something
like 85% or so at infinity, for the lens being used.  As the newer lenses
focus closer then older ones, is this still true, or was it ever true?  What
percentage of the actual negative do the bright lines show?
John