Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MSN.com - Leica photo competition
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:41:00 +0100

Well, this is the idea:

The theme of the contest is "My neighborhood", meaning that the photo must be from the place where you live (in town, on the countryside, outside your house, on the way to your job, any event in your hometown, etc etc). Hopefully, there will be a great variation of pictures and styles.
You may use whatever film type you prefer, provided that you use a Leica camera (non-Leica lenses are allowed, I plan to use my Skopar 25/4.0 lens).
The picture must be uploaded some time in February (During February, you may change your photo, if you like). As you upload, you will automatically attach your name or signature to your photo. There is no way to keep the photos anonymous, so we will have to live with that. But never mind, it is all just for fun.

On the last day of February, I will invite all LUG/LEG/Community members to cast their vote for their favorite image via e-mail to me. I will count the votes, and let you all know the results.

If someone needs help with scanning, send me a paper print (a small print from a 1 hour lab will do fine for web publishing) and I will scan and upload for you.

My address:
Hans Pahlen
Olsagardsgatan 14
S-51162 Skene
Sweden

Why this? Well, February is a boring month, we are all waiting for the spring and to get in the mood for some photography. Yesterday evening, I was fiddling with my M2 & Skopar lens, wondering if I would let it rest in my cupboard until summer vacations before I really started using it. Then I got this idea for a small contest, to give myself a kick in the back, and try to photograph something from my small home town.
In this way, maybe we will learn something about the places where we all live, and maybe get to know each other a little more as well. Maybe we will even discuss picture taking a little more on the LUG. I am always interested to know when and how specific photographs were made, in order to learn from others.

I am afraid that there is no black M2 for the winner. But hopefully, we will have some fun, and the winning picture will be published on the welcome page during March, instead of my M2-picture. Maybe I will find a little something for the winner too in my cupboard or book shelf...

Best,

Hans