Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: which lens
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:36:39 -0500

Charlie,

To suggest that 1950s Leica optics perform at the same level as 1990s
Leica optics is nonsense. Any opinion based on science will confirm
this. Attacking Dan K.'s motives and views also is without merit.

I am pleased that you are pleased with your Elmar. Good shooting. But
can't you do so without disparaging those who use current designs and
appreciate state-of-the-art optical performance?

We agree that the end-result image is still dependent on the shooter
first and equipment second. We disagree that the improvement of modern
glass is very small, particular at full aperture, where I do much of my
work.

David W. Almy
Annapolis