Subject: Re: [Leica] [OFF-TOPIC] TMAX 400 in Montreal - where to buy ?
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:20:24 -0500 (EST)

>Once again, I am in Montreal and need help.
>I am looking for a place to buy TMAX-400  (TMY)
>film.  I am in the Cote des Neiges/Hempstead/Notre de Dame
>de Grace/St Joseph Oratory area.   Any recommendations ?
>Thanks !
>
>- Phong

Hi Phong!
Glad to see you are back in Montreal. Cold isn't it? But with sunshine
today and warmer weather expected for tomorrow this will be a very good
weekend for photography.

For T-Max-400, I will recommend you a store I go when I can't find
something elsewhere.
They are not the cheapest but they have a very consistent inventory because
they wholesale photographic merchendise across Canada under another name.
The store name is L.L.Lozeau (not LLB!) on St-Hubert Street, corner of
Bellechasse.
This store is not downtown. If you have a car, go North from where you are
until you reach Van Horne St. turn East on Van Horne. Stay on it for a few
miles, you will drive across Outremont, then Van Horne goes up an overpass
and change name becoming Rosemont St.
After the overpass, you are almost there. It is the 3rd or 4th street after
that. Turn North on S-Hubert St. it is at the corner of the next block
(Bellechasse St.) on the East side of the street.
This store caters to pro. photographer on the second floor. As far as I
know, they don't sell Leica. Why? I don't know.
They have all the films on the market. This is where I buy my Scala for B&W
slides.

While you are in the Cote-des-Neiges area, why don't you go visit St.Joseph
Oratory? They presently have a very nice exhibition of more than 200
Nativity scenes in their museum. I was there 2 weeks ago and noticed, in
the middle of the day some spectacular colors on the walls inside the large
Basilica. These colors where the result of the sun coming in through the
West side stained glass. These have very modern design, producing vibrant
reflections on the opposite wall and on the sculptures and bas-reliefs.
I am telling you this because I was sorry not to have my camera with me
when I was there!
So maybe someone else can use my tip!
Also on Cote-des-Neiges St. near the corner of Queen Mary, are 2 great
bookstores (with a good choice of photographic related books). Renaud-Bray
on the west side of CDN (bigger choice) and Olivieri  on the other side of
the street (more intelectually inclined...).

If you don't have a car, to reach LL Lozeau, you can take the metro to
Rosemont Station or Beaubien Station. You would have to walk 5 minutes to
get to the store. Ask the metro controllers for directions.

Have a great day!

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca
visit my web site at: