Subject: [Leica] Re: MSN.com - Leica photo competition
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 06:02:05 +0000

Hans

Your clarification of the rules and theme of the competition is appreciated.

However, I am curious why a non-leica lens (inc. the Voitglander, and
obviously Canons, Serenars, Russars, Contax, etc) qualifies in this
competition. I would have expected that it would be the other way around,
i.e. any leica lens qualifies even though it might be used on a non-leica
camera like a Bessa, Hexar, and what have you. To me the camera body is
merely a light tight box which holds the film and gives it light at some
point of time.

The heart of any camera system is the lens! And is'nt this supposed to be a
leica competition?

Dan K.

  "When son gets married, his parents become transparent."
                                  - Chinese saying, A.D. 2000