Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] Gelatin is Jello
From: Robert Appleby and Susan Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:26:48 +0100

Actually, clear description is one thing we can never have enough of.
Clarity is not pomposity or presumption.
Rob.

Mike Johnston wrote:
><Snip>  Let em eat palladium with no
> marshmallows!<<<
>
> Mark,
> No offense, but, about half the time, I honestly have no idea what
> you're trying to say.
>
> --Mike

There's such a thing as being too clear.
Clear Description is a heavy price to pay for pomposity.
Or the reverse.
Mark Rabiner
We snap shutters. We stick the print in the developer.  Who are we trying to
impress beyond that?
We are not high level physicists. Let's get off this need for
presumptuousness.
We (photographers) don't need to impress anybody under a guise of
descriptive clarity.
There's always room for Jello. But there's not always room for Gelatin
Silver whatever.

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena