Subject: Re: [Leica] Bob Mac
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:52:47 -0800

Rod:

Your comments really make sense.   I have been trying to hold back on the
expression of my opinion as an amateur who has run many rolls of film
through Leicas since my purchase of a IIIg in 1957.  I have always had
Leicas and lenses. For regular use,  I have used and still have Canon, Nikon
and Pentax camera systems.

I have switched back to the use of a Leica M3 for my regular 35mm use and
found more comfort and confidence in taking responsibility for exposure and
distance setting.   My pictures have improved, especially the ones where I
am taking pictures of action and where I am taking subjects in low light.

The feel, smooth and quiet operation and precision feel of a Leica M  does
make it jewelry.

Your marketing idea may or may not be practical, but, it sure is intriguing
for its potential market reception.

It would be a shame if Leica were to withdraw from the manual market niche.

Roland Smith