Subject: [Leica] No, called for
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:51:45 +0000

>>>Your view of the world creates your standards and others hold totally

different standards. That's life! We're all different.
I'm not into saying Mark has better or worse standards<<<

For heaven's sake, Jem, I'm not talking about your views on sex,
politics, or religion. I'm simply saying that it people wrote their
messages with a bit more care and also read the messages of others more
carefully, there would be fewer misunderstandings, fewer hurt feelings,
and fewer needless arguments.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people proofread their own
messages quickly, once, before firing the "send" key. I'm not asking
everybody to be Churchillian in their rhetoric. It's simple courtesy,
and very basic.

>>>As a previous poster remarked, if you had really wanted to understand
Mark's post, you could have asked him.<<<

Not so, for the simple reason that it would have been he doing the
explaining.

I once complained to the manager of a Dunkin' Doughnuts that the
doughnuts I bought every day in the drive-through window were often
stale. The next time I passed through, the manager waved at me and
smiled a big smile. "I give you extra!" he shouted. In my bag, instead
of my usual two, I found _four_ inedibly stale doughnuts.

Moral: more of the same isn't necessarily a good thing.

- --Mike