Subject: Re: [Leica] When is a release required
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 09:09:28 -0500

on 1/31/00 9:37 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@idea-processing.com wrote:

> The discussion about shooting the bar raises a question to which I don't know
> the answer:
>
> When is a release required? The other night I was in Murder Burger waiting for
> an order and dying for my camera to photograph the goings-on behind the
> counter:
> visually rich environment, wonderfully complex and textured. As I stood there
> waiting I wondered: what's my responsibility to the people I photograph?
>
> Is there an easy and straightforward answer to this question?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam Bridge
No, there is no straightforward answer.
First , what do you plan to do with the photographs.
Second, Are the subjects willing to allow you into their private property to
make the pictures.
Third, what about the customers.
Short answer to release question,  get one whenever you photograph anything,
anyperson, any object and you will aid your attonery in any litigation that
might take place....however this attitude would take all the enjoyment out
of making great photographs and possible turn us all into those dreaded
collectors of tools sitting infront of our pc's typing messages.

Go for it make those > visually rich environment, wonderfully complex and
textured pictures in this place.

Steven Alexander