Subject: Re: [Leica] When is a release required
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:39:49 EST

In a message dated 2/1/00 9:51:26 AM, jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net writes:

>Don't ever shoot in a hospital with out permission, unless you can do the
>100
>yard dash in about 2 sec flat. If you think cops have no sense of humor
>try a
>head nurse.

Oh don't get me wrong, whenever I shot in hospitals it was with permission. I
wasn't trying to sneak clandestine photos. But even so,  as I understand it,
for a newspaper photographer the release serves to protects the hospital, not
the photographer. It's the hospital that's going to have the toughest time if
a patient sues . . .

Bob (tries to be patient with bureaucrats and "administrators") McEowen