Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 3200
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:52:16 -0800

Bob Kramer wrote:
>I was thinking of giving Xtol a try, but this wasn't listed as one of the
>developer options on the film packaging.  Has anyone used Xtol with this
>film, or should I just go with good ol' D-76?  I am looking for reasonably
>fine grain with good overall tonal gradation, FWIW>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Bob,

You'll proably get a half dozen answers to your question on EXTOL & dev. time.

I just started to use EXTOL and am quite impressed with the results
compared to T-max dev,

I souped some 3200 the other evening and used 9 minutes at 75 degrees and
they looked fine and printed like a dream with my Leica enlarger.

However, like I said, that's what worked for me. Others will have any
number of other times. But without question, I'm extremely impressed with
the results of EXTOL with several other films.

Boy along time since I switched and I must say I'm glad I did. Just need to
see how it holds up under a number of other real life lighting situations.
I'm sure it'll be great!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant