Subject: [Leica] BWPhotos & On camera Flash
From: "Sal DiMarco Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:52:37 -0500

Friends,
     Someone in a recent posting, thought the 20/80 split of BWphotos.com was a good idea. I do NOT. I feel it borders on pure theft.
     The normal agency or gallery split for resale type work is 50/50. Any photographer taking the 20% split is giving their work away. I have been a contract photographer with the agency Black Star for over 20 years. The normal resale split is 50/50. For assignments is split is at least 60/40 or higher with the photographger getting the larger portion. All reputable agencies work this way.
     When working with a hand strob (283 type), I use a wrist strap. This keeps my hand free and the strob ready. Remember the best place for a flash is OFF the camera. With a little practice one learns how to aim the light.

Cheers,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.