Subject: [Leica] Well I am impressed.
From: Gammanyne@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:13:53 EST

    I just proofed out three images from my first roll on my M4 w/35mm f/2.
Wide open the images are a little soft, and flat. Very nice though.
    I shot in the previous "snow storm" Here in NYC, ambient,  3200 tmax.
Nothing too dramatic, just people going home in the snow  at night.
     For one shot, I closed down one stop. The print is still wet, washing,
but damn. I cant believe the tonal range, sharpness, lack of flare, and
depth.
    I have used Nikon and Cannon almost exclusively for this type of work
over the years and not one of their lenses has produced such clarity, not
ever. And this was just a test print.
    I am going to really give this pup a trial this weekend, with tmax 100
and daylight. I like to test under the tougher light first. But now I need to
see what the summicron can do at f/8.
    BTW, I am having trouble with delta 3200 in 120.  It seems to need about
twice the time in the soup than the chart suggests. Has anyone got a good
result yet from this film? I also would like to know if the 35mm is the same.
                                            Thanks. Keith J.