Subject: Re: [Leica] Timer and Cable Release for M6: Self-timer sprint
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:32:38 -0700

Could you please clarify if you are looking for a self-timer or a timer for
exposures longer than 1 second. There are a number of add on self-timers
available that would screw into the shutter release button and allow you to
get in the picture.

    Some of my  fondest photographic memories involve the self-timer sprint.
My Dad setting up for special family gatherings, everyone holding their
smiles, and inevitably the flash not going off or the mech sticking and
going off when everyone had relaxed. Once (continuing the tradition with my
family), in order to get to my proper position, I had to run in bare feet,
as the floor was too slippery to make it with socks on, many genuine smiles
then, and, if you look carefully, my bare toes in the picture. Needless to
say I avoid cameras with infrared releases.

John Collier