Subject: RE: [Leica] New Eos 1n V
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:11:14 -0800

Dominique,

Good question.  Either the R8 is in fact being disco'd or it simply has been
delisted from lack of interest/sales.  As much as one may like a camera, the
manufacturer does have to make a profit and as we know when something is not
profitable it is usually eliminated.
Perhaps a successor camera is in the works. An R9AF perhaps?
Whether we like it or not, the vast majority of SLR buyers will opt for AF
these days.

Peter K