Subject: Re: [Leica] Sprintscan 4000
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:17:50 -0900

Pascal wrote
<<<in Polaroid's PolaColor Insight 4.0 software the preview looks
>great. When I do the scan and it opens in Photoshop it looks very washed
>out/overexposed. I can correct this using Photoshop's curves, etc. but
>I'd like to get a native scan that resembles my preview.>>

Pascal

I know nothing about your software....however your description might
indicate that the gamma of the scanner is not matched to the gamma set
within the photoshop software.   It is common for scanners to be set at 2.2
gamma, and if using a pc the standard setting in photoshop could be set at a
gamma of 1.8.

Matching the gamma of the scanner software, with the gamma of photoshop
(mostly likely the other way round) should give you matching images....then
your next problem will be matching the screen image to the print image.

Hope I helped...and not hindered!!

Dave