Subject: [Leica] Re: R8
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 17:22:45 -0800

>At 9:34 PM +0100 4/2/00, dominique pellissier wrote:
>
>>Comment :
>>
>>The R8 has been unlisted ( "d$B;G;S(Jenc$B;(J in french) from many
>stores in France
>>(Fnac) and in USA (even B&H !).
>>What are the reasons ?
>>
>>Dominique Pellissier

I don't know the answer to that, but Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo
Alto CA, one of the largest Leica dealers on the west coast, has two mint
used R8's in boxes with everything. One black, one chrome. They have been
on the shelf for a very long time. The general manager of the store calls
them the "Leica bookends!" Is there a message here?

Don't get me wrong. I think the R8 is a great camera. But obviously a lot
of other people don't. They have had, and sold, dozens of used R4's, R5's,
R6's and R7's all the while that the used R8's just sit there. R7's last
less than a day.

Jim