Subject: Re: [Leica] Now I'm OT
From: John <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 00:28:36 +0000

Alexey Merz wrote:

> Mike Johnston wrote:
>
> > The most telling critique of my erstwhile alma mater
> > --Dartmouth--that I ever read was that its main
> > purpose is to help prevent downward mobility.
> > Didn't work in my case (I'm an editor, which, as
> > we all know, falls somewhere between yeoman and
> > serf in the hierarchy of the traditional American
> > social classes). But it generally rang pretty true
> > to me, twenty years ago at any rate.
>
> It could be worse: you could be a postdoctoral
> research fellow, paid by the National Institutes
> of Health... a job that I will begin in March
> - at Dartmouth Med School :-).
>
> Any of you LUGgers live in the CT River Valley?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alexey Merz
Bought my first M2, $199 in 69 or 70 from the Camera Shop in Hanover N.H. back
when the Rubes owned and ran the store. I still get up that way occasionally
to see friends still in the area.  I lived in Nowich on and off for a couple
of years.  Check out my web site, the photo of the pregnant woman and crying
child came from near Hanover, 3C with 90mm uncoated Elmar.
John  http://sites.netscape.net/bosjohnusa/homepage