Subject: Re: [Leica] R portraits
From: Leon Davenport <leonjdav@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 00:07:25 -0800

Dear Doug,

I just purchased the 80mm f/1.4 and I'm delighted.  I traded in a 90mm f/2
(a Canadian made lens) and I'm very glad I did.  I almost purchased the
100mm f/2.8, but something bothered me.  I not sure what.  I believe it was
to flat of field as compared to the 80mm.  I wouldn't hesitate to use it on
a macro subject, (the ability to pull detail out of Jell-O has to be
respected) but at infinity I didn't like what it gave me.  The 80mm felt
right and had the look that I wanted.  The speed of the lens is also a plus.
Which ever you choose you will be getting an excellent lens.

Leon.

> From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 23:44:09 -0500

"INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us"<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.