Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens hoods for 50mm Summicron-M & 90mm Elmarit-M?
From: Andrew Moore <moore@rscs.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 15:46:03 -0500

> Are there any lens hoods that will fit the current 50 mm f/2 Summicron-M

If you're looking only to protect the lens, I found a rubber cap at a hardware
store and it fits just perfectly.  I think it's a PVC pipe end cap, black rubber,

called "QWIK CAP", QC-101, size 1.5 inches, made by Fernco Inc.

I use it instead of a lens cap.  It protects the lens better and it doesn't
pop off and get lost.

- --Andrew