Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome Blues
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 18:01:00 -0500

Ted:

Do your children have no interest in your photos? What about your
grandchildren?

My old Kodachromes from the 50 are wonderful. Most of the Ecktachrome from
the same era is unusable. When looking at these my son asks "Why didn't you
use Kodachrome for all you pictures?

E4 was advertised as being better, so was (is) E6, but is it really?

I don't make any pretentions that my photo are great works of art, but then
neither are many of the very old family photos I now have.

The time for processing aren't usually important to me. To get decent
chrome processing I have to send it away and it takes 10-14 days for either
Kodachrome or E6. (A recent roll of 120 Provia took even longer)

I suspect the Kodachromes will still be rather nice in 100 years. E6-???

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
 		      			  <kwilcox@gfn.org>