Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Brick
From: Bill <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:17:18 -0800 (PST)

>So far Herr Cohn has been playing around with the idea of a 5 year
>guarantee and a small price reduction in Europe...the problem is
that
>he is just playing around with it.

Bill:

Leica has cut the R8 sales price and offered a 5 year international
warranty (instead of 2 years) already a couple of months ago in
Europe.
Plus Leica did the very decent thing, the extension of warranty is
ALSO
valid for owners of R8's who bought them earlier.

Hi Pascal,

Yes, I am aware of that.  But like I said, Herr Cohn, or someone in
Solms is 'playing around'.  They have cut the price a little and
offered a 5 year warranty in a few places.

The problem is that someone in Solms is afraid to make the necessary
decision.  What Herr Cohn needs to do, it first thing Monday morning,
call the director of marketing and have him issue an order that
effective immediately, the new price for the R8 will be $1,499 (USD)
world wide and there will be a universal world wide 5 year warranty.
The other thing Herr Cohn also wants to do is have the director of
marketing bundle some of the R8s with a 50mm lens.

Now, if Herr Cohn were to call and ask me how to motivate the
director of Marketing to implement there changes.  I would instruct
Herr Cohn to bring a truck load of R8s from the warehouse to the
marketing department and totally fill the director of marketings
office (from floor to ceiling and wall to wall) with R8s.  Trust me,
the whole marketing department would get the idea.  Sometimes it is
necessary to illustrate your point.

Regards,

Bill Erfurth
m6rf@yahoo.com