Subject: [Leica] Clarification of NOS
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:56:51 +0000

>>>Now my next point- Mike J stirred me to write of my concern that the
F3 had
been quietly discontinued<<<

Rod,
It's important to note that when a product is selling out of
new-old-stock (NOS), it is _not_ the same thing as the product being
discontinued. As I said, when the stock runs low, the company will
simply decide whether a new run is justified based on the market demand
and production costs that pertain at the time. As long as you can buy
the product new and it's in the company's catalog, it's a current
product, regardless of its date of manufacture.

- --Mike