Subject: Re: [Leica] PMA Show and LHSA's Black paint M6TTL
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:03:42 -0800

>Greg writes:
>
>Peter,
>
>You're pretty obviously a Canon enthusiast from your previous messages. Why
>don't you stay in a mailing lists that talks about a system you can say
>something positive about??
>

>Amen Greg.
>
>It's not like he has any new revelation...but more like he is recycling his
>old posts.  Someone on the list once said he was worth listening to, but I am
>going to consign his posts with Anthony's who at least was fresh.
>
>Bill

bill,

got to admit, i've been feeling the same way about the frequent complaints
coming from peter k lately. when i subscribed to the lug about a year ago,
peter was coming under flak for a kind of personal antagonistic
polemicizing that eventually got folks threatening to filter his messages
to the trash, which subsequently spun out into an equally polemical thread
about the moral consequences of filtering people, stifling opinions,
refusing to allow alternative points of view, adding happy faces to
messages, etc.

regarding the latest wave of peter's anti-leica banter: i have yet to find
anything constructive in it, and have often wondered, like greg, why he
bothers to stay on the list. i suspect it's just to voice a negative
opinion and ruffle a few feathers since little if anything of substance is
ever said in his negative posts. i haven't yet filtered his messages to the
trash, though i've been tempted to because i don't get anything out of
them. attempts to respond to him or engage in some kind of dialogue have
been fruitless.

it's not that peter doesn't have a point, he does: leica must automate
because most photographers want automated cameras. folks are certainly free
to disagree with that, but try to actually discuss it and you get nowhere:
he doesn't seem to have anything more to say, and once you've reiterated
that in post after post, it starts to sound like one endless whine...

guy