Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Very OT, Mac/PC
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:42:41 -0500

I have Adaptec's easy cd software at work.  Its running under Windows NT.  I
recently made a cd with a lot of graphics and video.  The files worked fine
on my other computer, a Mac 8500.  The long file names from NTFS were
another thing.  The Mac (running System 7.5.5) only recognized the 8.3 dos
filename format thus the names were truncated.  I don't know if newer Mac
OSs recognize the NTFS filenames.

Interestingly when I email files between Windows NT or 98 and Mac machines
the filenames come across just fine.

Mike D