Subject: Re: [Leica] F3 and 105 mm F2.5
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:45:08 -0800

My experience with the 105/f2.5 Nikkor was similar to Marks. The 105 was my
first "real" lens, made affordable in the late 60's by hanging it on a
Nikkormat body. I used it almost exclusively for many years, with only
occasional help from a 35mm f2.

When I was experimenting with my first Leica, I decided that I couldn't
afford one and would stick with the 105 unless the Leitz 90mm was something
special. So I tested resolution, contrast, images, etc. and found to my
surprise that everything except the magic of looking through a 100mm lens
came out in favor of leitz!

Now I have more Leica lenses than I can carry, and only a few pieces of
Nikon equipment left. But I couldn't give up the 105 f2.5! It's still magic
to look through (you can SEE the Bokeh), and a much better general purpose
lens than a 90 RF...

> Ken Iisaka wrote:
>> <Snip> I do not miss it but it was a great camera and I loved that 105mm
> f2.5.><Snip>

Mark Rabiner added: