Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cohn Comments......YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:02:05 -0800

Where do you get your information that the R6.2 is outselling the R8????

I have never even seen an R6.2 in the flesh because my local Leica dealers
don't stock it -- order only basis.  The R8 sold tremendously in its first
couple years.  Any slow sales now are probably more because those who want
it, for the most part, have it.  More of a case of convincing people of the
Leica system over N**** or C****, than of the individual merits of the R8.
Any dealers out there using them for bookends are simpy asking too much and
ought to take them to ebay!

Of course, this would indicate maybe they need to get a newer version out,
but what are they going to change if AF is not in the forseeable future --
An F5 meter pattern?  Built in motor?

And, don't get me started on my appreciation of what they have done with
lens design the last decade!  Look at one of the guide books and you will
see how from 88 or 89 to 98 or 99 there were close to doube the new lens
introductions over the previous decade!

Tom Schofield