Subject: Re: [Leica] Weight- was Canon Eos whatever and also F3 (somewhat OT)
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:06:20 -0500

yaojkfdr@netvigator.com wrote, in part:

> Adaptors that are commonly available include: Leica R lens to Canon EOS
> body, Contax SLR lens to Canon EOS body, Nikon AI/S lens to Canon EOS body
> and Pentax/Zeiss M42 screw mount to Canon EOS body.  Canon bodies have
> always had rather slim mount register (44mm for EOS and 42mm for FD) hence
> you can use a variety of lenses with them.

Is there an EOS to FD adapter that will allow you to mount Canon EOS lenses
on and FD body?  I don't want to, but using that and some of the adapters
above, it would be able to mount Canon FD, Leica R lenses, Leica Visoflex
lenses, the Contax 85/1.4, and the Nikon 105/2.5 lenses on the same body: A
Canon T90.

It would be the ultimate, manual focus outfit, in my opinion.  (Even if it
were only usable with stop-down metering using anything but Canon FD
lenses).

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Very funny Scotty.  Now beam down
Interactive Systems Designer      | my clothes."
email: mvhoward@mac.com           |