Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WTB COSINA 15mm
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 14:18:16 +0800

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> The only difference between the Cosina labeled version and the Voigtlander
> labeled version is what geographic market it gets sold in. That also has
> an effect on what price is charged for it ... you can probably get the
> Cosina version from somewhere in Hong Kong for $40 less than here in the
> US, but of course you'll need to pay shipping and have to deal overseas
> for warranty etc.
>
> At B&H's price of $450, it's your choice whether $40 is worth the extra
> hassle and risk.
>
> Godfrey

Godfrey,

Both the 'Voigtlander' and 'Cosina' versions of this lens are available
in Hong Kong and some buyers are prepared to pay more for the
Voigtlander label.

The Cosina version of the 15/4.5 Aspherical lens with finder is
currently offered at US$369, some $81 less than the Voigtlander lens in
the US.  Since this is a rather light lens, shipping to the US is
minimal.

Availability is also another issue.  Many dealers list this lens, but
not many of them have it in stock.  I understand it has proved to be
more popular than expected.

Kind regards,

Joseph