Subject: Re: [Leica] Aircraft carriers turning on a dime
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:20:56 -0500

Mike: This is an excellent point and one that I feel hits the nail right on
the head.  I really don't think that one yr is enough to make sweeping
changes, bring out new products and have the stock prices going through the
roof. It is my understanding that the first yr has been spent getting the
house in order. Herr Cohn is very well received by the workers at Leica and
I look forward to improvements that will benefit everyone.
Cheers Wilber GFE
 http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

Mike Johnston wrote:

> Bill Erfuth:
>
> carrier.  It is at most a 200 ft yacht...and, yes they do turn on a
> dime.<<<
>
> Bill,
> On Stephen's website there's a brief interview with the President of
> Cosina, who says something to the effect that the Bessa R was brought to
> market very quickly, in only a year. A year may in fact NOT be much time
> to do much with Leica's product line. I'd give Herr Cohn 3-5 years
> before judging the stamp he personally will put on things. Chances are
> the products that have come to market during his first year were planned
> before he got there.
>
> --Mike

- --
Cheers Wilber GFE