Subject: Re: [Leica] Violation
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 14:33:53 -0700

Well as there are several new people I think an answer to this somewhat
depressing looking series of posts is in order. I am relatively new to
leica-users as well, only about four months or so. In that time period I
have had numerous questions answered on everything from Novoflex lenses,
sources for out of print books, to help in finding timely processing for my
Kodachrome. Many postings I have made have been corrected by people who not
only are knowledgeable but also care deeply about things Leica. I even had
the privilege of meeting a fellow leica-user visiting my, somewhat dreary at
this time of year,  home in Edmonton. I, like many others, scan and delete
many messages but that is inevitable on a list with up to 150 postings a
day. I look forward to postings from Ted Grant, Tom A., Michael Johnston,
Marc James Small, Doug Herr and many others. The list frequently wanders in
ways I find delightful and interesting. Long postings on how to photograph
from helicopters, the correct way to disentangle one's self from razor wire,
and always at the base of every message a leica or two rattling around.  We
were looking at and discussing the black paint M6, the Hexar RF, and the
Cosina RF well before they were officially announced. I get reviews of these
cameras and lenses before even the magazines do! Finally not a day goes by
without an interesting link, book, magazine article or what have you being
brought up. What a great list. Stick around and see.