Subject: Re: [Leica] Batteries? Give me your experience.
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:42:11 +0000

Lucien wrote:
>I don't trust the 3 V lithium battery in my M6 anymore.
>Because at the end of its life it always fool the exposure meter.
>I had to many pictures ruined because of that.
>
>I use again silver batteries and replace them with a fresh
>Lithium only when it's too cold outside.
>And back to silver after that.

My photo dealer tells me that in all the many years that she has handled
photo cells, she has never seen silver cells leaked. Kudos to the good ol
silver batts!

I reckon that with semi-daily use, silver cells should last in excess of 6
months (mind you, I live in the tropics with average temperatures of 30
degC all year round).

Dan K.
              Live simply so that others might simply live